Friday, December 18, 2009

Disjointed


My Latest Acquisition, originally uploaded by blamstur.

As I blog today I am feeling very scattered. I like to sit down with a focus in mind. Something I want to share, or something I am feeling inspired by. Today I am fighting "monkey mind" I am all over. I am wandering through travel photos and christmas photos and thinking "I really need to get the car inspected, go to Lowe's, hang my curtains, check my e-mail, Christmas shop and address my cards" . I am trying to think of all of those thoughts coming together beautifully in my brain the way the colors come together in a witching ball. As I am obsessed in a good way with these beautiful glass balls that I have hunted down across the world, I need to obesess about my to do list in a good way. Look at it, notice each thing/color for the beauty it holds and appreciate the fact that I have the ability to do/look at, it. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe it is the impending storm, but I don't really mind! I'm off to get my car inspected and buy bread and milk on the way to Lowe's!

1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

good thing you got your bread and milk before the storm!
I confess that I like it when the snow falls heavy and silent.

"monkey mind" I totally know what that is. I will remember that term. If I can find it in my monkey mind.