Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Look what I was up to last night!


The English Beat, originally uploaded by Akronographer.
Not only did I get to see 'The English Beat' one of my all time favorite bands but they actually played a song for me! I sent a quick request via facebook before the show and the next thing I know, I'm in the front row and Dave is singing to me! We even spent some time with him after the show. You know you are old when you finally meet Dave Wakeling and you spend the time talking about the fact that you each have four kids and he is a grandfather!

I guess it just shows patience pays off. I have loved them since I was 14 and finally ten years later (OK 27) I get to chat with my teenage self's crush! I'm a little older and a little wiser but I have to say....my heart was pounding!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Perry-Smith said...

I am so jealous!!! not that I am familiar with the English Beat, but that you have fulfilled a lifetime dream that 99.99% teenage girls will never achieve! You go Liz!