Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Art on the Avenue in Del Ray!


What a beautiful day we had in Del Ray this past weekend at Art on the Avenue! It was my first craft show and we had a fabulous time! A special thanks to my friend Elizabeth (yes, there are two of us) who you see in the above photo enjoying a plate of vegetable biryani from the great food vendors. She came up from North Carolina to help me and I will never be able to thank her enough!



We had great charms and baubles with bracelets and necklaces to put them on. I don't think one person left without having something customized, which is just the way I like it!


We also had some great monsters like Mr. Olive above and his friends below. Each monster came with his own life story in a little book so their new families will know how they like to roll. Mr. Olive was adopted by a wonderful family and I know he has a great road ahead of him!


Our first one eyed monster Ulysses was also adopted by a loving woman who left with a smile almost as big as Ulysses'!


Gentle little Iris, simple in her ways, won people over with her love of dance and her tutu!


This is where I spent most of my time, creating one of a kind pieces for one and for all. I can't wait for the next show! In the mean time don't forget to check the etsy shop, it will be back up and fully stocked by the end of the week! Thanks to everyone who helped make the day such a success!



1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Oh, Liz! I love your booth. I wish I could have seen it in person! When is your next show?