Friday, October 16, 2009

Etsy Picks of the Week


I decided on a whim today that on Fridays I am going to highlight a few of my favorite Etsy sellers. In the future I hope to maybe even have a chance to interview them and find out more about their process and why they do what they do. Today, seeing as this idea just came to me I just want to share two of my latest Etsy obsessions with you. The first is "bee things" an Etsy artist that created the beautiful silkscreened images above. I love her use of color and the composition of her work is amazing. It makes me happy just to look at it. I am putting the zebra finch print on my Christmas list for sure! Bee things is based in Dallas Texas and when I checked out the artist's profile there wasust a quote from Jim Henson that I think she has definately lived up to. "My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here" well bee things, I think you have. Visit the bee things shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5456672 You can also visit bee things blog at beethingsblog.blogspot.com



 


My next Etsy favorite is Michele Maule and her Etsy shop of the same name. She lives in Portland Oregon with her boston terrier Chloe. In her Etsy shop she has mixed media original art pieces and prints. I love her whimsical take on everyday objects and am dying to get a print of one of her typewriters to hang above my recent vintage typewriter find. A quirky perception of life seems to really come through in her art. More of her work can be seen in her shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5088760 You can also find out more about the artist at her blog http://www.how2drawacupofcoffee.blogspot.com/ I hope you take the time to check out both of these inspirational artist and I look forward to sharing my latest Etsy finds with you next Friday! Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: