Thursday, June 10, 2010

BRAVO!



Last night Bravo premiered it's newest reality show, Work of Art. Similar to Project Runway and Top Chef in concept, Bravo has gathered a slew of aspiring artist and brought them to a communal studio to compete and see who remains the lone artist standing. 

Personally, I am thrilled to see Bravo go out on a limb and give their creative audience something that doesn't involve screaming housewives (although you know I love them too) lampooning each other. 
We will see how long the Bravo editing crew can control themselves and we begin to see the artists devouring each other to get to the top, in the mean time though I think we have something interesting to watch. Watching an artist's process never fails to fascinate me, and we get a whole studio full of them here.

I would love to name a few favorites right off the bat but I am going to limit it to one in this post (I think you will have to put up with several posts about this show, reader!) 
My hands down favorite right off the bat has to be Mark. I'm not going to lie, I love him because he is from my home town. I don't know him, but I know where he comes from. It's not easy to be an artistic type in a small town. Even a small town in California near the beach. Our town is an agricultural community. Rodeo and country music are huge. Cowboy boots are seen just as much as flip flops and china flats. It is a so nice to see someone from home get this kind of national exposure. I'm rooting for you Mark! Make Santa Maria proud.

1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

well shoot, shoot, shoot.
Why am I too cash poor to pay for Bravo again?

I did see the Design plus 9 (?) you told me about. Once. On the airplane.