Thursday, June 17, 2010

My fixation on Gaudi


Casa Mila La Pedrera, originally uploaded by vgm8383.

Several years ago Sarah (eldest daughter) and I took a little holiday weekend to Barcelona. The official goal was to brush up on our Spanish. The actual goal became to ingest as much of Antonio Gaudi's world as possible in three days.

If I could crawl inside of anyone's brain for a day, it would be this revolutionary architect. I can't fathom having his vision, let alone actually bringing it to life and leaving it as a gift for those who have come behind him.

Check your expectations at the door and enter a small corner of the world of Gaudi.

1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Hey, Rose is in Barcelona for the weekend (working in Madrid for 8 weeks--our kids are so lucky).

I need a Liz fix again!