Friday, March 5, 2010

A New View

As I'm sure you are tired of hearing, I am an ambassador for the ABC TV show 'The View'. I'm not sure what possessed me to apply for this position other than there was a time in my life where I really enjoyed the show and all it had to offer. After watching The View for the last couple of weeks, I am amazed how far the show has strayed from what I understood it's original premise to be.

 In the beginning 'The View' was meant to be a show that brought women of different generations and backgrounds together to discuss topics and conduct interviews in a round table format. While I have enjoyed the show and some of the guests, I can't help feeling that the program has become somewhat stale. All of the women now come from the entertainment field. Elisabeth may be the one exception although she did come to the program via the reality show 'Survivor'.

 I watched the show as a young mom at home with small children and I enjoyed the healthy discourse the differences between the women caused at the table. Now I watch the show and I don't think the young mom I was back then would have anyone on the show to identify with. I think the program is in desperate for some fresh young blood, or dare I say it? A male host at the table. Why not a gay man?

 I think a show that started out as groundbreaking has lost it's mojo. Even Robert Pattinson of Twilight fame failed to get the needle into the red for me. I don't want to get too negative, I just think it may be time for 'The View' to take a look at itself from a different angle.

Let me know what you think. Have you ever watched the show? What is your opinion?

Disclaimer

I am an official View Brand Ambassador and will be receiving View branded merchandise for my participation.

1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I agree. I don't feel the pull to watch anymore. In the last few years, they got quite sensationalistic (think Rosie vs. Elisabeth) to pretty boring. Too static now to catch my interest. Too many other things I would rather watch that catch my interest. In the age of Tivo, I don't feel compelled to watch what is on simply because it is on. Unless it is Ellen.
That's a story for another day (and it will involve joy and light and happiness being spread).