Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bookstore Ballyhoo

Here are some books worth lusting after! I am personally waiting for 'Alabama Stitch Style' to show up in the mail.

 I was at a big box bookstore the other day searching for the latest copy of 'Artful Blogging' magazine when I came upon 'Alabama Stitch Style'. It called to me, I sat and looked at the images it contained for a half an hour in the bookstore coffee shop. The best part--all of the patterns are contained in the back of the book, so the projects inside actually seemed feasible.

I had to have it, but the price tag exceeded my budget. I sat down, pulled out my Blackberry and went to Amazon.com. I found the book for much less than the cover price, ordered it and am sitting here now happily waiting for it. I felt a little guilty about this covert bookstore activity, but I did purchase 'Artful Blogging' on that visit, and a cup of coffee to sip while doing my browsing. I think everybody came out a winner in the end.

2 comments:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Do you also have the last issue of artful blogging? The one that features my friend, Jenni Horne? It is my only brush with fame, so I expect you to read it.

I went to the bookstore to get creative inspiration a couple of weeks ago (you know how I'm searching right now), but couldn't find a book I just had to have. So unlike any other trip to the bookstore for me! The ones I was drawn to were the ones that were to be read about how to find your creativity, etc. Well, since I have several of those already on my shelf at home (unread, of course), I couldn't muster up the motivation to add to that stack.

and I always buy from Amazon. One of the best purchases from Amazon: their Prime membership. It is pricey--like $90 per year. But I get free two day shipping on everything they sell. (unless it is from one of the outside sources that lists on Amazon). No $25 minimum and then waiting for several days to receive it. 2 day. free. I have ordered books that are only $3 before. And there it is on my doorstep 2 days later. Great for sending gifts, too.

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Wait, was that wordy comment one of those blog sharing types of things you were talking about?