Friday, February 19, 2010

More of my "View" on things

I must admit, I have forgotten how much I enjoy "The View". Where else can I discover that Victoria Beckham is a really engaging relaxed person, not the nervous, uptight skinny girl I see in magazines? Check her out here. I discovered two movies I have to see.... "The Hurt Locker" and "An Education". I had heard of both of these movies but knew nothing about them. Thanks to 30 seconds of chat on The View, I'm in the know!
After enjoying Avatar last weekend with my family, I found out why I liked it so much. Anti-cooperation not anti-military. That is what View guest James Cameron says and I for one believe him. It was also really cool to hear about how they captured the actors performances to enhance with animation.

It's not all perfect. I cringe as notoriously skinny Posh spice tells us that designers shouldn't use super thin models on the runway--what? Has she looked in a mirror lately? I am however very impressed by her new clothing line they showed a few peeks of and I am in love with her sideways teardrop neckline on the red dress that she wore on the show. Mary J. Blige and Jennifer Hudson were also shown wearing her designs and they looked normal sized and beautiful.

I enjoyed the feeling of sitting around with friends and chatting. Yes, I do talk to the TV. Anywhere I can weigh in on American Idol....I'm there.


disclaimer: I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.

No comments: