Friday, February 12, 2010

Prison bars or icicles?


IMG_6976, originally uploaded by Libby's World.

Two days. That is the number of school days my girls have had in February. Home schoolers and unschoolers, I don't know how you do it...I am obviously made of weaker stock. I realize how much "alone time" I need as a person when I am trapped in a house with my family for a week.

I used to have this fantasy of being snowed in and using the time to read all of the books in the pile next to my bed. I dreamed of finishing knitting projects left unattended for months on end. I was swept away by visions of new recipes to try and movies to watch. I now know, this is only a dream. A dream where I don't scream at my family for breathing too loudly. A dream where wet, snowy, sweaty, stinky clothes don't cover every inch of floor space in the family room. A dream that I have abandoned, never to be fulfilled.

Maybe if I got the flu I could get some "alone time"?

1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I totally was skeptical at your first post mentioning the challenges of snow days.
But after having the kids so close inside the last few days, I get it. The wet clothes...ick.

What I realized is that every day is a now day for me. I can totally get to those books, that knitting, the recipes on regular days when the kids are in school (for at least 1/2 the day). So why don't I?

There's a blog post for you to explore... find my motivation since I can't seem to do it.