Thursday, February 18, 2010

Take A Little Time to Enjoy "The View"

This post will be a little more verbose than usual but bear with me! I have been chosen to be an ambassador for ABC's The View. I'll be honest, I was a little surprised to be selected. In the past, I have been an avid "View" watcher. I started watching when it first premiered and my girls were babies at home.

 I remember when Debbie Matenopoulos and Barbara Walters had their infamous falling out (more on my up close and personal Debbie Matenopoulos experience later) I remember when Rosie and Elisabeth had their knock down drag out. I watched Elisabeth on Survivor Australia. I have been there since the beginning with a few breaks along the way. Every morning in England (they came on at 7:00am there, only a day late) I had my coffee with the ladies. I laughed, I cried, I agreed, I disagreed but they helped keep me in touch with the good ole U.S. of A while I was living abroad. I love Whoopie. I'm getting to know Sherri and she is hilarious. I love Joy and wish I had time to watch her new show. I grew up Barbara Walters specials and can't imagine Oscar night without one!

All in all this is one opinionated outspoken group of ladies and now that I can call watching them "homework" I have no reason not to indulge, so for the next four weeks look for updates from the show and my humble opinions and reactions to what goes on at the table with the women of the "The View".

As promised I will fill you in on my Debbie Matenopoulos experience. Not all View watchers even remember Debbie but she was one of the original cast members. She also happened to be one of my brothers platonic housemates in Hollywood about a decade ago. On a visit to my brother, I had the opportunity to meet Debbie and was instructed by my brother to "under no circumstance bring up Barbara Walters" I did as instructed and enjoyed spending some quality time with Debbie helping her pick out an outfit for an "80's" party she was going to. Boy do I feel old.

All that being said have a great day and "Take a little time to enjoy The View"


disclaimer

*I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other "The View" branded items to facilitate my review.

2 comments:

Keonté Smith said...

I am an Ambassador as well. I can't wait to Tweet with you (@IamKeonte). Isn't it great to be able to look at life differently, but still live in harmony? This is my idea of The View.

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I just love saying "Matenopoulos."
I remember her, too.
And I feel like I had a brush with fame because I met Chris and Chris knew her and I knew you and you met her...